IP Doorphone & Intercom with Secure Door / Gate Control Relay - Easy Retrofit Solution for Analog Systems
The 8028 doorphone is an outdoor rated SIP compliant intercom, designed to complement premise security and improve efficiency for greeting visitors and guests at a door or gate in business or residential applications. Any telephone or device in the UC environment can communicate with the 8028, with entry activated by a simple telephone keypress.
VIDEO: How To Wire A Door Strike
The 8028 SIP Doorphone eliminates the need for an ATA or FXS port. The intercom is full duplex capable, featuring an echo canceller for superior voice quality.
This intercom is ideally suited for applications involving the upgrade/retrofit of an existing analog intercom to IP where twisted pair is only available. Installation is simple by wiring the 8028 door station intercom at an entrance or gate to a controller located inside the premise. The separate controller ensures that both the network connection and door opening control relay of the 8028 cannot be tampered with from the public-facing intercom. All door strikes and access control systems that provide a contact closure are compatible with the 8028.
The 8028 door control relay can connect to any type of door release, gate activation system or access control panel. The intercom includes a 24V 0.3 A power source for low power 24V DC door strikes (customer provided). Additionally, there are low current programmable inputs and outputs at both control unit and intercom station for door sensing, door unlock switch, door unlock override, auxiliary call buttons, or telephone status such as ringing or in-use.
The 8028 kit includes the following: Door Station with a stainless steel face plate (brass is also available for purchase as a separate item), Controller with power supply, and a bezel for surface mounting. Please note that the Door Station can flush mount into a standard dual gang box. Mounting gaskets are included in the kit for installing the intercom in any outdoor environment.
How it Works
- Visitors press the backlit call button on the 8028 door station intercom to initiate pre-configured calling to one or more telephones (e.g. hunt group)
- Answering the intercom call enables two-way communication with the visitor
- Accepts a call when calling the doorphone directly
- Pressing a pre-configured door open code (e.g. digit 6) from the telephone or device (e.g. mobile or wireless phone, soft client on a tablet or laptop, desk phone) during the intercom call, will activate the 8028 door control relay to allow momentary unlock of the entrance for the visitor to gain access through the door or gate
- Network managed and supervised SIP endpoint
- Eliminates FXS port or ATA
- Initiates or accepts calls
- SIP compatibility with most hosted / cloud or premise VoIP telephone systems including: Avaya, Broadsoft, Cisco, Digium/Asterisk, Mitel, Metaswitch, NEC, and Polycom to name a few
- Configurable through web interface
- Auto-provisioning (i.e., TFTP, FTP, HTTP)
- SNMP supervision
- UL/CSA, FCC, CE
Single Pair Digital Door Station
- Digital speech technology provides superior voice quality
- Single pair 24 AWG wiring up to 1,000 Ft (300 m) between door station and controller for easy new or retrofit installations
- Flush or surface mount (i.e., dual gang) weather-resistant enclosure
- Backlit call button
Security & Safety
- Door control relay located securely inside the premise at the controller location
- Network connection not exposed outdoors
- Supervised link to door station monitors fault conditions
Auxiliary Relay Inputs & Outputs
- Programmable relay inputs and outputs at controller and door station for integrating accessories such as: door sensor, doorbell button, card swipe, door chime, loud ringer, strobe, etc.
- Door control relay from controller with available 24V DC, 300 mA strike power
Residential or Commercial
- FCC & CISPR22 Class B approval for residential use
- Single pair wiring for easy retrofit/upgrade of a legacy analog intercom or new installations
- Secure business and institutional entrances (e.g. school, day care, hospital, delivery entrance, dock, warehouse, man trap, prison, outdoor yard, etc.)
- Access control (e.g. hospital (e.g. ward, lab, etc.), assisted living/retirement home, airport, hotel/resort, casino, etc.)
- Business, institutional and residential gate entrances
- Intercom for emergency (e.g. elevator) and non-emergency access points (e.g. interview or examination room)